I hear many people talk about how they don't understand how to effectively use LinkedIN, yet; I have found it to be a fantastic place for me to make business connections and connect with new clients.
Today, I'll share two strategies that you can use right now to get more out of LinkedIN and I'll introduce you to a few resources where you can learn more.
I'd like to introduce you to Viveka vonRosen author of LinkedIn Marketing: An Hour a Day. I had the pleasure of spending some time with her on Breakthrough Business Radio today. She is a wealth of ideas on how to really leverage LinkedIN and I'm sharing two here today.
1 – Use Tags to Organize Your Contacts on LinkedIN
Did you know that you can tag your contacts on LinkedIN? You can tag or un-tag a connection from either a connection's profile or from your contacts. Tags are simple keywords to help organize and sort your connections. You can find directions here.
Tags allow you to
- Filter – Tags allow you to quickly filter your contacts in your My Connections address book to quickly review contacts in a specific tag.
- Messaging – You can target your messages to people with a specific tag. Or you can use the All and None selection options to create a grouping of people to send a message to (e.g.: all contacts tagged “Illinois” and “Iowa” but not “partners”).
- Identification – When you view your contact, you can view their tags in the right-hand column, giving you a quick way to remember how you know the person.
2 – Consider Developing Relationships with “Doorway People”
LinkedIn allows you see connections two levels deep when you have a standard account (and more with the premium version). A “doorway person” is someone that you know is connected to the person that you would like to speak with or get to know.
Bonus Tips on Company Pages
- Just like people following you on twitter or liking your business page on Facebook, you can encourage LinkedIN users to follow your business page on LinkedIN without being personally connected to them on your profile.
- Recently, LinkedIN added the ability to have a banner on your company page. If you like creating your own graphics, 646 x 220 pixels is the size for the timeline style photo on company pages.
- Check out Michele's blog post from today's show and scroll to the bottom of the post and you'll fine a no-opt-in PDF e-book with more LinkedIN tips!
- Get out Viveka's book LinkedIn Marketing: An Hour a Day!
- Listen to the show where Michele Interviewed Viveka on how service professionals can best use LinkedIN.
How do you use LinkedIN? I'd love to hear your tips and tricks too.
To your LinkedIn networking success!
Live Fully -- Love Openly -- Laugh Often -- Leverage Your Brilliance -- Connect Authentically -- Get Your Message Out -- Serve with Impact -- Prosper Everyday