Hard work is what many think of as go-to answer for success. What happens when working hard stops being effective? Or worse, negatively impacts our lives in a real tangible, physical way? That is part of my story and I shared it with Mike Sutton as we talked to me about how my workaholic tendencies and lack of self-care ultimately caused me to have to stop my business for a while and what I learned from the experience. We discuss:
- working hard and how it may not be helping you,
- choosing a business model that works for you,
- why getting clear on what you want your ideal day to be like can help grow a business you love,
- what to do when your business is not going as well as you like,
- why perfectionism could be killing your business,
- why alignment helps you have a business that is in flow rather than having to be hard,
- the difference between BEing and DOing in their day and life,
- thinking through resistance of doing something new,
- how to move yourself forward when you feel stuck,
- how do you know if you are “coachable,”
- [blip in video recording software]
- what I mean by “energetic hygiene,” and
- mindset and systems for sales.
Media Type: Audio podcast
Length: 53 minutes
Cost: no cost, just click play!
Do you spend more time BEing or DOing? If you'd like to work through more of your own BEing states, check out this being vs doing guide.
My Interviewer: Mike Sutton
Mike combines his extensive business experience and understanding of leadership, success, happiness, and personal development with everything he's learned interviewing dozens of successful entrepreneurs and coaches for his BeBuildHave podcast to teach business owners and entrepreneurs how to feel happier, more successful, and more fulfilled with their businesses and their lives.
If you enjoyed the episode, I'd love your help spreading the word! Share it on your favorite social media site. Thanks!
Live Fully -- Love Openly -- Laugh Often -- Leverage Your Brilliance -- Connect Authentically -- Get Your Message Out -- Serve with Impact -- Prosper Everyday