Repurposing is a topic I teach to my clients and once you get ideas in place, it can be really fun! Today, I'm going to share 21 different ways that you can make your blog posts extend their visibility to reach more people.
Syndication vs Repurposing
Before we get into today's tips, let's talk for a minute about the difference between syndication and repurposing.
Syndication is sharing the exact same content in as many places as possible to give visibility. For example, t.v. shows that are aired nationally and on Netflix.
Repurposing is taking that content and making it something new. For example, the play Grease that was turned into a movie with Olivia Newton John and John Travolta and in 2016 was turned into a live t.v. broadcast. Looking a bit closer at the movie Grease, t-shirts, lunch boxes, posters, and other merchandise was made for sale. That is also repurposing.
Repurposing Your Blog
Blog posts are often really easy to repurpose. Here is one example:
- Write blog post.
- Record content into audio (please use inflections and don't sound like you're reading). Add to it if it feels right as you're recording.
- Syndicate audio to podcasting platforms and share on social media and post on the original blog post for people who would rather listen.
- Add audio to a dial-in line that people can call to listen to message.
- Create power point to cover topic.
- Match the audio you created to slides on PowerPoint and save as video.
- Syndicate video to video sites and social media.
- Share slides on slideshare.
- Take small clips of all of it and share on social media.
- Create memes and share on visual sharing sites like Instagram and Pinterest.
- Snapchat or Vine highlight tips from the post.
- Clammr the podcast and link to it.
- Syndicate the original post on article directories. (Give different introductions for better Google juice.)
- Take multiple related posts and combine them into an interactive kindle book.
- Take primary points and turn into an infographic.
- Expand blog with more detail to create a giveaway or signature talk.
- Epic post? Reduce points to a checklist and have a giveaway people can sign up to receive.
- Turn memes into mugs, t-shirt etc.
- Create a flyer with a QR code linking back to post with audio and put flyer where your ideal customers/clients hang out.
- Create printed checklist on a bookmark that you hand out at live events.
- Take the best of and put on a CD or jump drive and sell.
Many of these options can easily be turned into a process map and delegated to an assistant time after time.
You're only limited by your creativity with this one. There's so many different options and everyone can certainly find a combination that works for them.
Imagine how many more people will benefit from your brilliance when you get creative and leverage your best stuff!
How have you repurposed your content?
Live Fully -- Love Openly -- Laugh Often -- Leverage Your Brilliance -- Connect Authentically -- Get Your Message Out -- Serve with Impact -- Prosper Everyday