I hope you are enjoying this series Freedom to Work from Anywhere: Living the Mobile Life.
Many of my friends and colleagues run their businesses from all over the world and I have had a mobile business since 2003.
No matter if you are crossing over multiple time zones or simply want to be able to go to the park and work outside, creating your freedom is possible.
We've been exploring what they have put in place in their business that allows them to have the freedom to work from anywhere.
Today, we'll hear from Morgana Rae, Melissa Schmalenberger and Shelley Root Molitor.
Cafes with Awesome Wifi and My iPad
Basically my entire business is mobile. There's no reason for me to stay at home aside from convenience. It's easier to feed my cats when I'm here.
- I find a cafe with awesome wifi and that becomes my “office.” When in doubt, Starbucks can always be counted on for clean bathrooms and internet, anywhere in the world!
- For business, my Paypal app is probably my favorite, and my Square, for taking payments.
- And I'm always connected to Facebook, obviously.
- Fun travel apps are Skype (for calling home), SimplyNoise (great for sleeping in noisy places), Sit or Squat (find a bathroom), and CheapGas.
- My Kindle app is a lifesaver while traveling. I used to carry 12 paperbacks on ever trip. Heavy!
- For vlogging, nothing beats the camera on my iPad.
- For graphics, my favorite is Instaquote.
- Another life saver? Having VAs I can simply fax order forms to… so they can enter them into my system for me.
- ALWAYS make sure you have minutes on your SKYPE account, so you can call across the world when you need to. Here is an example of why: I was just checking my emails before going to bed (I'm on vacation in Georgia, just south of Russia, 12 hours ahead of pacific time) when I saw an interview request from foxbusiness.com journalist. So I called her on SKYPE, and we spoke for 20 minutes on the impact of money on relationships! Be prepared.
Thanks to Morgana Rae – Best selling Author ‘Financial Alchemy', life coach, speaker & alchemist.
Airports and coffee shops with free wifi….
I am writing my blog post in one now in ABQ while waiting for my plane. Plus a really good smartphone with a long battery life! I have a Windows Nokia Lumia 1020 with a 41 megapixel camera. I like having a good quality camera so that I can leave my Nikon at home and take client before and after shots, watermark and post to my social media sites. I like having a long battery life and having the full functionality of the Windows Platform on my phone. My calendar syncs with my Apple products as well. The photos are stored with some great features that I haven't seen in other smart phones…you can search by month or year. I often know what month I took a photo and I can simply click on that month and narrow my search down. I have Dropbox on my phone as well so I can easily send documents to my consultants while on the road.
Thanks to Melissa Schmalenberger – Managing Director Clever Container
I Don't Leave Home With Out My Journal, Evernote and My HTC
My biz journal is like a living biz plan/brainstorm book. It's divided by Money, Marketing, and Management. These categories plus a few more are the names of my evernote notebooks too. So, lets say I am brainstorming blog posts. I do it by hand, say 9 quick outlines under marketing. When I fill out a given article, I go write it in evernote before uploading/submitting it.
As a mobile must-have, my notebook is my “back of the napkin” solution, and evernote is where I store the project in progress or completed project. This is only a Marketing category example. Money example: snapping a picture of a biz expense to my Money notebook in Evernote at the moment of spending. Management example: maintaining a frequently requested/used links doc in Evernote, and up to date forms and procedures. Sharing a link to the appropriate item on the go.
Thanks to Shelley Root Molitor – Becoming a Mess-X-pert: ESTABLISHED WAYS to get F.ull O.f C.onfidence and U.nending S.erenity!
You Design Your Own Definition of Freedom
Many entrepreneurs think that there is just one way to do things. That is just not the case and one of the reasons I thought sharing what successful people around the world do would help you to figure out your own plan.
What Tips, Tricks, Strategy, Operations Setup Do You Recommend?
Do you enjoy a freedom-based lifestyle business? Do you enjoy working from more than one location? Or, do you want to get your business to a state where you can? I'd love to her your thoughts in the comments.
Note: Mention of these products/companies does not mean that I personally endorse them. Each of my experts have shared what works for them and in some instances I have not tried them personally. Also, some links are affiliate links (because I have tried them and love them.)