Do you dream of having a business where you can work from anywhere?
Maybe you want to travel the world, or maybe you simply want to spend time outside at a local park.
It really is possible. I've been doing it since 2003!
Many of my friends and colleagues have businesses that can be ran from anywhere in the world too.
What have they put in place in their business that allows them to have the freedom to work from anywhere?
I've asked them to share some of their tips and strategies and I'll share their responses over the next few weeks in my series: Freedom to Work from Anywhere: Living the Mobile Life.
Today, we'll hear from Kelly Roach and Georgina Sweeney.
Top 10 Travel Tools On-the Go Entrepreneurs
It’s a mobile world and that means you no longer need to be tied to a desk or an office to run your business! Here are my top 10 on the go mobile tools that let me roam free!
- Paypal – take payments and make payments as easy as 1,2,3
- Square – credit card swiper can be used with or with out the actual card to take payments.
- Skype– conduct client consults across borders and take client calls on the go. Get new clients from anywhere!
- Hootsuite – mobile app-stay connected on social media, pre-plan posts, ensure no black out periods while traveling
- Trip-it – store all of your travel details in one place automatically combined to create a travel itinerary for car service, hotel, flights etc.
- Audio Acrobat – if you do any type of coaching or consulting this allows you to record and send recorded audios to clients
- Dropbox – amazing tool for sending and storing big files, can be accessed by multiple parties and updated in real time-incredible for working with virtual support teams and staff members across the country
- Dragon – dictate and send messages to your team or to yourself when typing is not an option or you need to be hands free
- Time Trade – great appointment setting tool with ability to send reminders, client invites, and preset options for clients to select times available on your calendar
- Webex or Go to Meeting – great options to access webinars and visual presentations, trainings, etc while on the go
Thanks to Kelly Roach – Helping Small Business Owners Rapidly Grow Their Income While Reducing Their Hours.
Three Global Business Tips
- If you use PayPal to accept payments, let them know in advance that you will be out of the country and logging into your account from a foreign location and/or another computer. Otherwise you run the risk of your account being frozen and having to prove your identity.
- To overcome jet lag and avoid crashing before your new local time bedtime, bite into the inner flesh of a fresh lemon (not the outer skin.) It's a little intense, as you can imagine, but the rush of vitamin C and the tart taste will give you a natural boost for several hours without resorting to caffeine and other stimulants that will disrupt your sleep later that night.
- Bring plug adapters for all the countries you'll be visiting.
Thanks to Georgina Sweeney – Transformational Business Coach and Money Mentor: She helps heart-centered women entrepreneurs create their own freedom in business & life: the freedom to be who you are, do what you love & earn what you want NOW!
What Tips, Tricks, Strategy, Operations Setup Do You Recommend?
Do you have a virtual business? Do you enjoy working from more than one location? Or, do you want to get your business to a state where you can? I'd love to her your thoughts in the comments.
until we talk again,
Note: Mention of these products/companies does not mean that I personally endorse them. Each of my experts have shared what works for them and in some instances I have not tried them personally. Also, some links are affiliate links (because I have tried them and love them.)